2008年1月1日星期二

How Does Satan Destroy Your Life

Quickly we ran stacking sand bag after sand bag around our house hoping and praying that we would detour the approaching flood! The rain once again began coming down in sheets of penetrating force meant to power its way through our temporary barrier. I smiled as the sand wall held, keeping the inside of our house dry, only to find out an instant later that our sump pump failed in the basement. My smile quickly faded and my eyes flooded with tears as I realized that our entire finished basement was under water.

Just a week before when the rain began to fall I discovered that our new house was built in a flood zone! Our insurance didn't cover floods and our basement would have to be gutted and redone! It would cost thousands of dollars!

The magnitude of the situation caused my nerves to frazzle and my emotions to explode in ups and downs on how I was ever going to get this project accomplished! My son's room was in the basement and now he had no where to sleep. The few pieces of furniture that were saved were in the living room along with my son's bed. The house was in such disarray I wanted to pull out my hair.

We had moved to our new house just one year before happy that we would have to do very little fixing up, but now everything had changed. Our home business was growing by leaps and bounds. The phone was ringing off the wall and new employees needed to be hired and trained for our expanding business.

The pressure was so great that I found myself lashing out at my children and my husband and secretly plotting to jump in my car and leave everything behind. In desperation I went to a doctor and he put me on two antidepressants, but it wasn't making me feel any better.

We stopped going to church because we were working all of the time to keep up with the business and make the necessary repairs to our basement. I stopped praying except for emergencies and reading my Bible, "Well, there just wasn't any time!"

My husband had a child from a former marriage and this child was disruptive. Every time it was time for visitation I prepared myself for a fight. It wasn't just the problems with his daughter it was her mother and her husband too. They demanded that we give in and buy anything they needed for her because we had more money than them. All I could think about was we already paid child support and she should buy these things from that money.

To make my frustration even worse my husband gave into all of their demands and this caused a serious rift in our marriage. I kept telling him to stand up to his daughter and ex-wife. But no matter what I said he wouldn't listen! He loved his daughter and he wanted a relationship with her and he felt he had no choice but to give them what they wanted.

And then it happened, a man who I met through our business began to show me some attention. He was thoughtful as he listened to my troubles. He smiled and invited me to take a ride on his motorcycle. He would call me on my phone and encourage me. I began to think of him as my friend and I looked forward to his calls and text messages.

I started blocking the bad from my mind and entertaining a brand new life with my motorcycle man. He didn't have any children, because he had never been married. Sure he told me he had been in jail for a few years, but he was a changed man and he wanted a wife and family.

Every time I thought of him it seemed easy, but when I thought about my own life it was a disaster. I began to pull even more away from my husband and family. I treated everyone badly and I left most of the phone calls over our business and the work for my husband to manage. All I could think about was myself and how horrible my life had become.

It amazes me how easily good people can be deceived because of the traumas everyone faces in the world game of life. This is the reason it is so important that we understand why bad things happen to people and how to avoid a massive disaster in the making. Our fight in this world is not against flesh and blood, but against Satan.

Ephesians 6:12, "For we are not fighting against human beings but against the wicked spiritual forces in the heavenly world, the rulers, authorities, and cosmic powers of this dark age."

Natural disasters happen because Satan has the power to create havoc in our world. Jesus came to open our eyes to the devil's attacks. He came to teach us to be patient when we are forced to rebuild after a flood. He heals our broken hearts and gives us supernatural strength so we can stand up while we put our lives back together with joy and peace. He tells us in the "Lord's Prayer" how to pray so we can win the fight against Satan's evil tricks.

Matthew 6: 13, "Do not bring us to hard testing, but keep us safe from the Evil One."

Satan will take a disaster and overwhelm us to the point of paralyzing our ability to function. He will tell us over and over again that we have too much to handle. He is a constant voice of deceit that takes place in the battle field of our mind. A war that pits good against evil by taking our weak human thinking and making us believe that our suffering is overwhelming and impossible to overcome.

This is the reason why there are twenty million people depressed in the United States alone. When we don't understand that the battle of good versus evil takes place within our minds we are subject to how the world believes. Satan is the god of this world and his answer for people who are under mental fatigue from anxiety is medication. He tells us to think only of ourselves and numb the reality of our lives with alcohol and drugs.

Satan wants to destroy families. He wants a second marriage to fail because of complications with children from other relationships. He wants us to take our frustrations out on them and harbor grudges against the other parents. He wants to make us blame our mates so we will hate instead of love our families. Jesus tells us to forgive as many as seventy times seven.

Matthew 6: 12, "Forgive us the wrongs we have done, as we forgive the wrongs that others have done to us."

Satan is so evil that he will provide us ways to escape, which really are meant to make our lives even worse. This is the reason why many husbands and wives commit adultery when they are faced with a hard problem. They reach out to another person instead of Jesus for comfort and become lured away and trapped by compounding a situation into a substantial problem evolving a messy breakup that only leads to more frustration!

James 1: 12-15, "Happy is the person who remains faithful under trials, because when he succeeds in passing such a test, he will receive as his reward the life which God has promised to those who love him. If a person is tempted by such trials, he must not say, 'This temptation comes from God.' For God cannot be tempted by evil, and he himself tempts no one. But a person is tempted when he is drawn away and trapped by his own evil desire. Then his evil desire conceives and gives birth to sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death."

This is the reason why it is so easy for Satan to deceive people into believing that God caused a natural disaster. The media proclaims when a disaster occurs that it is an "Act of God". This simply is not true, God cannot commit evil. But Satan has the freedom to cause evil. He has the ability to tempt a person. He is the great deceiver, who came to bring every evil problem that can destroy people's lives.

1 Corinthians 10: 13, "Every test that you have experienced is the kind that normally comes to people. But God keeps his promise, and he will not allow you to be tested beyond your power to remain firm; at the time you are put to the test, he will give you the strength to endure it, and so provide you with a way out."

I gave my pastor a hug as he explained why all these bad things were occurring in my life. I knew Satan was a terrible force against Christians but I had no idea how easily he could persuade me to hate instead of love my family. I really did love my husband and his daughter. Just acknowledging this helped me to feel stronger.

As I left pastor Bill's office he gave me one final instruction. Testing can either make you stronger or it can corrupt your life and make it worse. I heeded his warning and became determined to fight against Satan's attacks that were meant to destroy my life!